Oct 14, 2010

2010-2011 outfield lineup

Since the Reds season is over, I thought I'd offer my opinion to what I think the lineup will look like next year, position by position, starting with the outfield.

RF- I don't see any reason why Jay Bruce would get replaced in right field. He was third on the team in in batting average (.281) and second in HRs (25). He stepped up when he needed to at the plate and was spectacular in the field.

CF- Struggling with some consistency issues at the plate all year, Stubbs finally got some good ABs towards the end of the season. He's fast and a good fielder who just needs to work on his batting. I fully expect him to stick around.

LF- This is the biggest question mark in the outfield for me. Gomes had moments of brilliance, but never when it mattered. It seemed he was always the guy not diving for a ball or striking out with the bases loaded. Maybe that's just me though. I'd like to see Laynce Nix or Chris Heisey in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment