Oct 8, 2010

To Cincy it goes...

Well this really isn't the way I wanted it to head to Cincinnati but I can't say I'm very surprised either.

The Reds started out well, with a leadoff HR from Brandon Phillips. They kept rolling with good old fashioned National League manufacturing runs. The Phillies didn't count themselves out and took advantage of bad errors by the Reds.

The Phillies have the absolute worst fans in baseball.

They have the most losses by any MLB team ever, but their fans act as if they've never been bad. They use the word "dynasty" more than a Yankees fan.

After the Reds clinched he NL Central, I was Facebook chatting with one of my good friends (and Phillies fan) and I said "Reds!" in which he responded "Philliessssss!" Thanks man, I haven't seen my team reach the playoffs since I was six and you literally cannot be happy for me for one millisecond.

When we found out the Reds and Phillies would be playing each other in the NLDS, my friend was talking about pitching match ups and said, "Halla-- er Doc" ...really? You started saying his actual name and corrected yourself so you could drop the awesome 'Doc' nickname. That makes a lot of sense.

After Wednesday night, I got home and my friend (Phillies fan) immediately started making fun of me for the no hit loss. I asked him, "Who played 3B for the Phils tonight? He's good." My friend quickly responded, "Polanco," when I fired back, "Wrong, Valdez played. Start being a real fan then we'll talk."

The funniest part? They were three different, idiotic friends.

That's my rant for now, it seems as if the Reds have played their last game at Citizens Bank this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment