Nov 11, 2010

Reds earn 3 Gold Gloves

Three Reds earned Gold Gloves presented by Rawlings yesterday. Third baseman Scott Rolen won his eighth, second baseman Brandon Phillips won his second and pitcher Bronson Arroyo his first.

Very proud of my Reds here. Not only did they have the best offense in the league last season, but clearly they can play defense too. I'm particularly pleased with Arroyo, he turned many solo double plays. Scott Rolen, even at 35, still can field and displays great range; there are few in the league I'd rather have than him. Phillips is a no brainer; he's so quick to the ball.

Obviously I'm a Reds fan, but I really think Votto should have received one. He played some great defense this year; stopping throws from going past him and showing some good range preventing hits (and multi-base hits). Like I've said before, it'd be really great to see him win the league MVP.

No comments:

Post a Comment